I’m hosting my very first giveaway featuring the above displayed heating/cooling eye mask that I made (retails at $10 in my shop). This is my first giveaway and I’m a bit nervous. I REALLY want this giveaway to be fun for you and myself. That, and I’m a bit of a perfectionist, so my nervousness is 100% made up in my head. At any rate, this eye mask feels SO amazing when warmed up. Seriously. I’m not tooting my own horn here. You’ll love it.
For many of you who’ve been following my work, you know I’ve been designing and making clothing since May of 2009. Throughout 2013 the struggle of losing love for what was once a passion took control. That and realizing I made a TON of mistakes with my first company since it’s inception (that has taught me a lot). So I closed my online store and re-branded my company into a virtual sewing studio called Sew So Much. To help me transition as smoothly as possible and help you get acquainted with my changes I’m highlighting: My new Sew So Much virtual sewing studio and this here all new Pretty Prim and Proper blog. So, I’m rewarding you for your love, patience and support throughout the process!
Why this item for the giveaway?
To highlight a trendy phase I had gone through: “team-no-sleep”. One that played a leading role in my decision to no longer offer clothing design service and open Sew So Much instead. I used to follow the “vampire life” trend (one of many reasons why I successfully failed with my first business). I’d stay up all night, working. My friend Rob would always question my sanity, “when do you sleep”. He would stress the importance of sleeping and I’d totally ignore him. Until I realized he was right. I’d stay up late to work. Only, it was unproductive work. I’d be distracted because everyone else was awake. Texting, calling, scrolling social media all whilst yawning. I was half-assing my work. Not to mention being exhausted all day the next day. I discovered I wasn’t a functioning insomniac (self diagnosed), I was unfocused. I began to prioritize sleep. Knocking out by 10 and starting my work day at 5am. My phone never rings. Everyone is either sleeping or getting ready for their day. As a result, I don’t want to bother them and they don’t bother me. A light bulb went off. Golden. I now prioritize sleep and feel you should (at least try to) as well. The eye mask is for, well, sleep. It relates :).
What’s so special about this eye mask?
They’re awesome, I made them, and they can be warmed or frozen for extra comfort at night.
When will you choose a winner?
I’ll choose two winners in fact. The giveaway begins Friday 2/14/14 and ends on Saturday 2/22/14.
How will you choose the winners?
A lottery system using a platform called Rafflecopter will shuffle through all the entries and select at random. Winner must reside in the US.
When will you announce and ship?
Winners will be notified via email on 2/22. They will have until 2/24 to reply before the reselection process begins. After confirmed, I will ship gift to the winners. Easy enough!?
What about the rest of us non-winners?
(1) You can purchase my heating/cooling mask at my temporary store for $15.99 (includes shipping). Buy here or at carmenveal.com and click shop. Once they are sold out they will not be replenished. (2) You will have a chance to win other awesome prizes coming soon, and (3) you become a subscriber to this fancy, fun and informative Pretty Prim and Proper blog. It inspires stylish living and entertaining. What’s not to love about that!?
What do I need to do to enter?
- Read this blog post in its entirety. Really, you’ve already done most of the reading.
- Subscribe to this blog (skip to step 3 if you are already a subscriber).
- Leave a comment on this blog post below sharing how affective (or ineffective) sleep applies to you.
- Click the pretty reddish pink link that says “giveaway” to be redirected to this giveaway’s host platform. It will ask you to do the above listed Steps 1 and 2 so be sure you subscribe and comment before clicking the link. Additional steps listed are optional. They just increase your points which ultimately increases your chance of winning. That’s it! Here is the pretty reddish pink link to click —> giveaway
Best of luck to you and remember, try to get some rest at night– your body will thank you for it. This is coming from a work-a-holic who owns and runs four companies!
Until next time…XO 😉